“In the beginning was the Word.”
The first code, the first program, the first nail of Order in the faceless world of Chaos, the emergence of self-awareness of the personality and the world of the Ego, the beginning of the great Game that cannot be avoided.
One of the most famous proposals in the world and one of the most significant and deeply meaningful.
We will miss history, biology, everything that is being debated and look at it from a practical point of view of marketing and management.
To understand the goals and functions of advertising is enough to understand the meaning of just one phrase.
Speech is human behavior aimed at changing or preserving the behavior of another person.
Point and enlightenment. Regardless of the context, regardless of the attitude of the speaker to the perceiver – this is an axiom rule. The speaker may wish hearer unhappiness or love, welfare or deprivation, but this is always management behavior.
The right word from the right speaker is much more effective than physical impact. With less effort, greater results are achieved. The emergence of speech, it is like the emergence of the Internet. Infinite streams of information, small and large influences, programs between people and the same streams between computers. The only thing that matters in this network is who the subject is, and who the object is, who programs and who performs. Each of us initially is always an object, but gradually can learn to become a subject. First you need to remember often the phrase above and start taking your words more seriously.
This preamble brings us to a simple understanding of advertising.
Advertising is a message.
Advertising – it can be a word, figure, picture, sound, smell, touch, all together – but it is always a program aimed at changing or preserving the behavior of another person, social group, people, humanity.
That is why it can be attributed to her, as your conversations in everyday life, and campaigning in political campaigns, and preaching in religious speeches.
Based on the number of human feelings, we can easily distinguish the channels through which human control is exercised.
Channels report messages to the person:
- Sense of smell
- Touch (according to Aristotle, the most honest, as always mutual. You can watch something and not be noticed, listen and not be heard, but you cannot touch it, remaining untouched).
From this we can distinguish.
3 main elements that make advertising effective:
- The accuracy of the message.
- The maximum number of channels to deliver an accurate message.
- Authority of the source that transmits the message.
The first is that it is important to formulate it so clearly and clearly that in each of the channels it would cause a single image and lead the person to perform a specific action.
With high accuracy of the message, when the needle hits the sore point the number of channels and the credibility of the source fade into the background (they are the forces that increase, scale the impact). Understanding this – you can realize how big a weapon is the word against those who do not have protection.
Since the person’s personality can be seen from the way he speaks, the product or service is initially evaluated by advertising.
It is very important to understand.
Advertising is consumed, therefore it is an integral part of the thing. And at the same time – the thing is advertising itself.
It is important to understand that it does not apply to advertising, as soon as the way to lead a person to the product. Advertising is not only an informational function.
Why is this especially relevant now?
1. A huge amount of advertising leads to competition not just budgets, but also the quality of advertising (the message and its packaging).
2. The growth of education, rationality and awareness of society leads to an irreversible improvement in the culture of advertising.
Advertising as an apology of choice
One of the main properties of the human psyche is that it must rationally justify any choice. This is called retrospective rationalization. I notice this mistake most often, even among people who can think logically. It looks pretty funny. To monitor and avoid such behavior, it is necessary to constantly maintain a high level of awareness, and to understand the reasons for all of your conclusions and actions, which is very expensive for the brain.
So, advertising often serves as a saving rope for a consumer who has succumbed to his emotions and the competent influence of a marketer. Her rational message should show a person the pragmatic reason for his choice. And the emotional message leads to the very choice. That is a rational explanation – this is the aftertaste itself, which is just as important as the taste during the meal.
Advertising work model:
- Sender (shooter and his strength) – company
- Letter (arrowhead) – message
- Envelope (Arrow Base) – Package
- Post Office (bowstring) – channels
- Recipient (goal) – target audience
Total, advertising is aimed at 3 main impacts:
- think so;
- feel this way;
- act like that
The latter is the basis for making a profit now. The first and second are long-term investments. Further, in one of the articles I will describe why profits are now less important for companies than the need to increase the group that thinks and feels how the company wants.
What does perfect advertising look like?
Like any excellence, ideal advertising is a tool that no one sees, but it produces results. Examples of perfect advertising can be:
- Any religious structure. According to its referral structure, parents make the child a loyal member of the community, the product is inexplicable, it is impossible to touch and rise to the level of spiritual values. A person thinks and feels how the structure requires. From this gets a contented life and lack of doubt. A new product is not produced at all, but it is not needed, since consumed values go beyond the limits of matter. That is why marketing is so important to learn how to influence social groups from religions.
- Apple company. The company is spending the minimum on the channels of information and the maximum on the message. Thus, it develops a micro-culture in which the target audience itself searches for channels in order to receive a message as a kind of revelation. So that the company does not release, the loyal audience always perceives the product from the angle of values. The more you are in the game, the harder it is to get out of it.
As you can see, the ideal advertisement should level practical value and elevate the sign, symbolic. That’s because symbolic and symbolic values are unsaturated, unknowable.
Now it is really difficult to do what religions, political technologies and big brands have done on a large scale because of the huge increase in competition, technology development, and brand blurring. But this can be done by one who feels the state, pain, neurosis, expectations of the younger generation, which is now passing through puberty. Who can seriously grab them in this way by their values, which I have indicated in the marketing of the future and will have the necessary resources – he will be able to create a new religion, brand and incomprehensible from a logical point of view, demand. So, for many people, Joon’s substitute was Ilon Musk with his Tesla electric car, solar panels and a flight to Mars. Whoever it is and what he wouldn’t do, to a marketer, it is always necessary to keep the mind collected. And creating myths, at least give in to them.
And if you give in, then with the understanding of how they beat you.